Monday, January 4, 2010

Lyndsay's blah blog




Hey it's Lyndsay, New to PSU studying graphic design.
I just finished taking a sculpture class using plaster and clay. I had a lot of fun in this class, and made two rabbits, pictured above. The boy bunny is "giving his heart " to the girl bunny. The assignment was supposed to tell a story. I guess love counts right?It was the final project for the class. I used chicken wire with cheesecloth soaked in plaster to shape them, the process was very time consuming. I carved the plaster and painted it with acrylic paint. Then i sealed it with polyacrylic and added powdered pigment to give it an irridescent glossy look. The sculptures are inspired by my real life pet rabbit Carmie, who is pictured here with myself and his sheep friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment