Saturday, January 9, 2010

Leah Heilman-Pollack


Thank you PhotoBooth

I made lots of art as a kid. It varied from coloring books to trying to re-create Jackson Pollock pieces as a kindergartener. I used paper mache, crayons, markers, clay, construction paper, paint, all kinds of media. I mostly drew and painted as it didn't require as much effort as the other things. I would post pictures but all my childhood art projects are at my dad's in Corvallis.



A common household object I really like is a cast iron skillet. Its very basic, round with a handle but its so versatile. You can use all kinds of oils, different heats as well as being able to seer, fry, sautee, brown and many others. Not to mention they've been used for hundreds of years. It also adds a trace amount of iron to your food which is good because I can be iron deficient sometimes. Teflon does not have the same quality when it comes to cooking, it makes me feel like I'm not really cooking at all. It kinda freaks me out that there are so many chemicals in it to make it non-stick.






No comments:

Post a Comment