Sunday, January 10, 2010

Katie Scoville, Key Term: Anomaly


Hello, my name is Katie.

I am a drawing, painting, printmaking major. I started taking art classes full time this year. So far, I have taken: Painting I, Painting II, intro. to drawing, 2D Design, and a couple of art history classes. I really enjoyed each of them in different ways. Painting was frustrating for me sometimes but mostly I loved it. I love mixing my own colors and the endless possibilities that come with that. My favorite class of these so far was actually Intro. to Drawing. I really enjoy working in a 2D space, creating the illusion of there being something 3D. Needless to say, 3D design is a whole new area for me. I haven't had much experience with sculpture so I am excited to learn something new!

My key term: Anomaly.

Anomaly is defined as: something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected. In our reading handout (Launching the Imagination) it says:

"Any Anomaly, or break from the norm, tends to stand out." For example, I found this image of blue and red balls. Every ball is blue except for the one red one in the middle of them all. This red ball stands out because it is out of the norm and deviates from the repetitive blue ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment