Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cassy Culkins


Cassandra Culkins (Cassy)

As a kid I doodled a lot and drew typical things for little girls to draw (flowers, trees, hearts). I also made bead bracelets, necklaces, as well as bead creatures; like lizards and winged bugs. I've always liked art classes and started getting into photography and drawing in high school.




In 8th grade I was in an art class and we were making ceramics. Everyone in the class but me and one other person were making boxes, ashtrays, or bowls. The guy that didn't make one of those things made a ceramic Kenny (from Southpark) statue, and I made a blue squirrel. It's 7 or so inches tall and is holding an acorn. His teeth are blue because there wasn't any white paint. I remember being really proud of myself for stepping outside of the box and having my idea turn out well.


I make 3D art now in the form plushies. I like to sew (only with a machine though, I hate hand sewing). This is the first plushie I ever made, it's a robot I made out of fleece. It's really silly and kid-ish but that was the intention.
I want to do other forms of 3D art though like wire sculptures. I've seen many tree sculptures twisted together with wire that I thought were really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment