Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kayla Nguyen



This is a picture of me in Hawaii last Winter Break

I took 2-D design class last term, and this is my art work about pattern and symmetry. It took me a whole night to finish, all done by hand and pencils. I like this class pretty much, it enhanced my creative mind and shaped my handy skills, especially in the way I understood and saw the given of movement, value, pattern, contrast, abstraction ... In addition, the class provide an opportunity for me to experience the subtractive mixing of color through the color method. I've learnt many useful artistic knowledge from this class but somehow it drove me crazy whenever I stuck in the idea.


I'm interested in ancient Chinese, Japanese paintings, and their architectural art. The impression is that most of their art works always worshipped nature's symbolic and harmonious beauty, it also identified their spiritual culture. When looking at their traditional art, largely they put their heart and soul to the works, they showed the indigenous form of expression to the world. I totally appreciate their hundred years of art.



No comments:

Post a Comment