Sunday, January 10, 2010

Autumn


I guess art has always been part of my life in one way or another. Growing up in Santa Fe I was constantly surrounded by it and when I came out to Oregon I decided to major in art history. Over the years I have made a lot of art, the best of it is still at my mom's house in New Mexico. In high school I made an 18 inch high self portrait in clay that is probably the best thing I ever built. In recent years the only sculpture I have made have been a series of architectural models: they are not good and did not survive.

When it comes to everyday household objects I like bottle openers. I like their functionality: how some bottle openers have only one use while others are like Swiss Army Knives (many of which contain bottle openers. I also like that they can take so many forms and sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment