Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring and Marshmallows


I was inspired by a tree in my backyard that is growing out of the ground sideways. I was originally going to use marshmallow peeps for this project, because Easter is coming up and I loves to eat them when I was a kid. (Also my mom still buys them for me, but I don't like them anymore but I haven't had the heart to tell her)
I used a needle with fishing line to string the marshmallows together. I made 4 strings of them, each approximately 10 feet long. I wanted it to look like a color stripe along the tree. It was difficult to take a picture of the entire tree, and still get the detail of the colors represented. I decided to spray paint them, and they turned out amazing. I had to put a few nails in the tree:( to get the pieces to stay put, which was something I had to do at the last minute. I really didn't want to damage the tree. I heard it was supposed to rain, but otherwise the weather was perfect. I ran into many obstacles, but fortunately my best friend was able to come over and help me. I tried to warn her not to eat the project because it was no longer edible, but she said she was famished and the pink ones smelled like cotton candy. I am prepared to tell you more about this project tomorrow in class.


No comments:

Post a Comment